Hey all, how are you? I hope you all had a great week. ♥
Today’s post, as you can see from the title, is going to be all about using the services that the Public Library offers! I have spoken about the library before and how much I enjoy going, the kind atmosphere that is offered, and how many literature options there are. So I thought I would shed some light on this topic further.
I just want to start this post also by mentioning that I am not being paid to say these things, as this is not a sponsored post in any way. I am just SO passionate about supporting local, making Eco conscious decisions, and saving money. I want them to remain in business for years to come, and by growing awareness of the things the public library does/offers, I’m hoping it’ll make others more inclined to use their services.
- Getting/Obtaining a library card costs $0.00! Borrowing books from the library is completely free. I have 6 books on the go currently, that I borrowed from the library. Two of those are hardcover and have a retail price of $37.00 EACH! And the other 4 books are about $25.00 EACH! It would cost me over $150.00 if I were to go out and purchase all these books myself! That is absolutely insane, and a year ago before I started going to the library, I would have paid that in a heartbeat! If the library has the book available, I can’t justify purchasing it at a store.
- Using their services is SO easy now. I remember when I was younger, it was so much more difficult because there was hardly any technology around. Now they have an inter-library online where you can search for whatever book you’re wanting. Once you find said book you can place a hold on it at the closest library to you.
- If the library in your town doesn’t have the book available, they can get it from any other library in New Brunswick, or in the surrounding areas of wherever you live. It’s so convenient and takes no time at all for them to have the book at the closest location ready for pick up! This means you literally have thousands of novels at your finger tips, only one search away on their site.
- It’s a way to support local. Supporting the library near you means you’re helping them stay in business. By supporting the local libraries; its providing funding for activities, for individuals of all ages. It’s providing employment and allowing them to continue to offer the services that they do. They not only have books to borrow, but they also have computers you can use for free, a quiet place to study when you need it, a variety of classes, the list goes on.
- Using the Public Library is actually better for the environment. Having a library offers a place for individuals to donate their old books to be reused. Rather than creating more waste, it provides a service that reuses books, keeping our waste reduced! It’s the perfect system. Truly.
I strongly encourage you all to check out the library closest to you!
What book are you currently reading? I would love to know, I am always looking for new book suggestions. Leave a comment below ☺
Talk soon xo